What's new
Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Next Poker Community Freeroll - $25 StockPokerOnline Freeroll (Referral Code: BAWSEGRIND)

Passwords to all our games are posted in this link to freeroll club members.
Join Freeroll Club How to Earn Poker Coins?
Countdown to start of freeroll:
The freeroll has started! 1 HOUR late registration.
Join Freeroll ClubHow to Earn Poker Coins?

Article Developing a Short Stack Game in Poker Tournaments

images.jpeg

It's vital to have a good short stack game when playing tournaments, especially online.

I regularly join online MTT's at the last minute of late registration, and when you join that late you're usually starting with a short stack.

I look for a certain range of hands, and a good opportunity to double up. If it doesn't work out, on to the next one.

Once you get that initial double up, you're in the game, and on your way to a min cash. You should be able to play a little tighter after a double up, and cruise to at least a min cash.

I like to secure a min cash before going for the win, and try not to force moves I wouldn't normally make. Always play to win.

Whenever you play any hands short stack(10bb's or less) you should be looking for opportunities to get your money in as a favorite.

I never make calls knowing that I'm likely to be behind, and you typically want to be the aggressor, not the one calling the all ins. That way there is a chance a player still might fold, and you can steal the pot.

It's hard to make calls with small pairs even while short stack, again try to be the aggressor when going all in.

Hands like AK, AQ, AJ, KQ are hands you should be moving in with, and trying to lure players in with stronger hands for maximum value.

That's the basics of how I approach poker tournaments where I'm short stack.

Last edited: