Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Is the poker profession a respectable one?

EmperorTee

Regular Poker Communist
Top Poster Of Month
Poker Coins
In the part of the world that I live, I have noticed that professional poker players are often looked down upon compared to other professions like sports players.
Most people feel that those who make a living out of poker should not be proud of it because they are living off people's painful losses.
Is that the case in your area?
Are professional poker players more respected generally?

There's a lot of players that very respectable. Doyle Brunson the OG of poker should be the face of poker.
However, there's players that are shady/crooks I've seen it all, but that's not limited to just poker.

There's a lot of players that very respectable. Doyle Brunson the OG of poker should be the face of poker.
However, there's players that are shady/crooks I've seen it all, but that's not limited to just poker.
Yeah I guess it all boils down to the type of players in question. The problem is that some people tend to generalize all the professional poker players.

Yeah I guess it all boils down to the type of players in question. The problem is that some people tend to generalize all the professional poker players.
If you can provide a life for yourself without knowingly hurting others any profession should no be judged.

If you can provide a life for yourself without knowingly hurting others any profession should no be judged.
Yeah, it is not like anybody was first to come and play. So anyone losing is basically their responsibility. They definitely should have seen it coming, it's a game afterall

Yeah, it is not like anybody was first to come and play. So anyone losing is basically their responsibility. They definitely should have seen it coming, it's a game afterall
For sure. Some people just look down on gambling. It's been suggested that are you praying on gambling addicts. I don't think anyone plays with that intent. Also there are 9 or 10 to a table. Sonmeone will be winning that money.

For sure. Some people just look down on gambling. It's been suggested that are you praying on gambling addicts. I don't think anyone plays with that intent. Also there are 9 or 10 to a table. Sonmeone will be winning that money.
Definitely not everyone will be going home with the prize, that is why it is called a game. Maybe some people need orientation on how something like this works 😁

Definitely not everyone will be going home with the prize, that is why it is called a game. Maybe some people need orientation on how something like this works 😁
Skilled players typically win more than they lose. I haven't had to invest/deposit in several months, because I've been growing my poker funds over time.

It's good to remember there is always another game. You can't win them all.