What's new
Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Next Poker Community Freeroll - $25 StockPokerOnline Freeroll (Referral Code: BAWSEGRIND)

Passwords to all our games are posted in this link to freeroll club members.
Join Freeroll Club How to Earn Poker Coins?
Countdown to start of freeroll:
The freeroll has started! 1 HOUR late registration.
Join Freeroll ClubHow to Earn Poker Coins?

Article My Guide On How To Win At Online Tournaments

1.png

Before I go deep into this article. I do win more than I lose in tournaments. I often cash in most tournaments that I play, and when I do cash I usually bust early, or end up near the end.
If you're new to poker I guarantee this article will improve your game, and help you become a winning player. If you want to succeed at online poker or poker in general it requires a ton of discipline.

Playing poker will not always go your way, you will face lot's of bad beats. The key is never to give up, always battle, and grind it out. You'll also go through stretches where it feels like you can't cash in tournaments, and nothing is going your way. One thing I learned over my many failures at trying to build a bankroll, is if your a winning player, variance rewards the players that keep grinding.

The more hands you see, the more bad beats will happen, but you will also win. You have to take the good with the bad, and roll with it. Trust in the process.

No matter how good you are at poker if you don't have discipline, and BANKROLL MANAGEMENT you won't succeed at poker. You may win in the short term without any bankroll management, but it's also a good way to lose your entire bankroll. The more buy-ins you have, the better. It doesn't sting as much when your only losing a small percentage of your bankroll.

You need more than just good bankroll management to be a winning player in tournaments. You need to play solid, always bring your A game or try too, and don't allow frustrating hands to put you on tilt. This is where bankroll management comes in handy, you're less likely to tilt when only losing a small amount of your money.

I recommend you have at least 20-25 buy-ins before moving up to the next level. Counting your buy-ins it's very important for bankroll management, and it's good to practice knowing how many buy-ins you have, so you know when to move up/down limits or stakes. If you're playing higher stakes you should be even more conservative with how many buy-ins you got, before using a bullet(buy-in) towards a tournament, at least 100+ buy-ins.

Playing tight in tournaments, usually helps you run deeper in tournaments. Playing too tight get's you blind out when the blinds increase. It's good to find a balance with the hands you play, and look for opportunities to win pots. Patience, and trust in the process.

Hope this helps! Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited: