Poker Player Penalized for Expletives After Refusing to Color Up Deep in WSOP Event

Welcome to Poker Community!

Looking for a place to discuss poker, improve your game, and connect with other players? Poker Community is a growing poker forum built by poker players, for poker players.

Whether you are new to poker or a seasoned grinder, our poker forum is the place to share strategies, discuss hands, follow the latest poker news, and connect with a passionate community of players.

Join a Community Built Around Poker

At Poker Community, you can:

  • ♠️ Discuss poker strategy and improve your game
  • 🃏 Share hand histories and get feedback from other players
  • 📰 Follow poker news, updates, and industry discussions
  • 💻 Talk about poker websites, software, and online poker tools
  • 💬 Join conversations with poker players from around the world

From tournament poker and cash games to poker psychology, bankroll management, and the future of online poker, our poker forum is your home for everything poker.

Ready to Join?

Create your free account today and become part of the Poker Community. Registration is quick, easy, and gives you access to join discussions, create posts, and connect with other poker players.

Create Free Account   Login

Welcome to Poker Community, your home for poker discussions, strategy, and the poker community.

Cpvr

PCF Prodigy
Staff member
Admin
PCFer
PCF Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
331
A poker player was given a one-round penalty deep in a 2025 World Series of Poker (WSOP)event for swearing at a floor manager after refusing to color up.

Tyler Brown, a 2023 bracelet winner, is the player in question. He wasn't frustrated following a bad beat. The penalized poker pro was among the chip leaders at the time in Event #28: $600 Mixed No-Limit Hold'em/Pot-Limit Omaha Deepstack with around 30 players remaining out of 1,499 entries on Monday.

What Tilted Poker Player​

Brown, who has over $3.1 million in live tournament cashes, isn't known for being belligerent at the poker table, and he is in the mix for the $178,126 first-place prize. But a request from the tournament staff angered the poker pro. He explained to PokerNews on a break what went down.

"(Staff) came by in the middle of a level and they wanted to color up my chips,"Brown explained. "I don't think I'd ever refused a color up doing this. But they wanted every single chip that I had that wasn't a 100k chip. So, I offered them giving them 2 million instead of 3 million, and keep two stacks of green. They refused, and they said they needed a full rack of green. I continued to refuse until they could give me an official ruling."

World Series of Poker staff told PokerNewsthe player was not penalized due to refusing to color his chips up. He was instead sent briefly to the rail because "he told another floor to 'go f**k himself.'

Brown continued to say that floor explained to him that the hand he was currently in was dead "because they needed to pull me away to talk to me." He claims the floor manager then told him that he never offered to exchange 2 million worth of 100k chips and "that I was refusing entirely."

"I may have yelled an expletive," Brown said.

That expletive, as he explained, got him in some hot water with the tournament staff. He was given a one-round penalty and faced potential disqualification deep in a bracelet event had he continued arguing with the floor manager. But he wasn't concerned with that happening.

"I would understand that. I think that they had no grounds to DQ me, personally. So, I felt really strongly about that. They had even threatened to over the color up situation. They threatened to DQ me, which is unbelievable. I was okay with a one-round penalty. I shouldn't have said what I said. I'm okay losing two big blinds."

"I felt like I wanted to prove a point. They escalated the situation way beyond where it needed to be."

Rule 106 in the WSOP rulebook states: "Floor staff control the number and denomination of chips in play and can initiate discretionary color-ups, which should be announced."

Did Brown iron things out with the floor manager who gave him a one-round penalty?

"I don't know about that. I'm not going to continue causing issues, but I don't know if we're on good terms," Brown answered.

Brown still had a monster stack at the time of publishing on Day 2. You can follow his run via PokerNews' live reporting coverage

Source: https://www.pokernews.com/news/2025/06/poker-player-penalized-at-2025-wsop-48783.htm
 
I think Brown want to create some buzz around himself in WSOP events! Some of celebrities poker players makes money through their social media platforms, advertisements and ambassadorial positions!
I think Tyler Brown knows what he is doing and all this is simply to draw attention. At least, if he didn't win the Tournament, he mave some social personality upgrade 🤣🤣🤣
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Motivated again to grow the community. I needed a break to recoup and refocus on my goals.
Where can i gind the passawrds on coinpoker
Back
Top