Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Staking in poker?

Would you invest money in good poker players for getting some part in their wins/ losses?

• Yes, small amounts (> $50)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, big amounts ($100 - $1000+)

• No, makes no sense

• Maybe, not sure

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I play well enough that I find investing in myself is the best use of my poker funds. I have been staked before and i did not care for it as I felt additional pressure to perform.

I've been staked to play online tourneys in the past on ACR. I usually return the favor, if one of my friends back me in a game.

From my experience in backing players in tourneys, it has been a losing venture. I had one player I backed, make me $80 off a $10 stake/buy-in, a long time ago.

That could be a very good business venture. I didn't think about this! If I trust a player's skill too much, I can invest in him or bet on his games. There are quite a lot of poker players one can bet on. But in such a situation, it's necessary to make clear rules on profit sharing percentage.

That could be a very good business venture. I didn't think about this! If I trust a player's skill too much, I can invest in him or bet on his games. There are quite a lot of poker players one can bet on. But in such a situation, it's necessary to make clear rules on profit sharing percentage.
You also have to trust the players you backed to play for you. Not all poker players are trustworthy.

Over the years of lurking the online poker community. I've seen backers getting ripped off, because the players they've staked. They didn't pay the backers when they cashed, or just flat out took the money from backers.