What's new
Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Next Poker Community Freeroll - $25 StockPokerOnline Freeroll (Referral Code: BAWSEGRIND)

Passwords to all our games are posted in this link to freeroll club members.
Join Freeroll Club How to Earn Poker Coins?
Countdown to start of freeroll:
The freeroll has started! 1 HOUR late registration.
Join Freeroll ClubHow to Earn Poker Coins?

How do you feel about players talking trash while playing poker?

Bawse

Owner of Poker Community
Staff member
Administrator
Poker Coins
StockPoker Screen Name
BawseGrind
DarkSidePoker Screen Name
Bawse
Does trash talking bother you when you play poker? Do you get involved in the trash talk at all?
Do you think trash talk should be tolerated or removed from the game completely?

Personally trash talk doesn't really bother me, it takes a lot for someone to throw me off my game by running their lips. I think trash talk should be allowed as long as it's friendly, light chirps are fine, but if your clearly annoying a player, leave them alone. Insulting other players crosses the line.

It doesn't really throw me off, but unless it is good natured kibitzing, I find it pretty crude. Keep it classy or at least friendly, otherwise you might look like a maccabeo.

I would never trash talk during a hand because a poker player is better off being loved than being feared.

If your talking trash it doesn't necessarily make them fear you, it can help give you an edge if you start to frustrate your opponents with all the smack you talk.

Me personally I changed my tune in recent years, because I try to be a leader since I manage our forums.

I do like using the throwables on StockPoker though. Cool feature.

As long as it isnt personal, it doesnt bother me too much. I tend to find it funny as they r, more often than not, bad loser & as long as it doesnt go on all night.

Isn't it all just part of the game? Designed to unsteady your opponent, break their concentration and prevent them from being able to bluff effectively? I have never played Poker before - that's why I am here - and I would not have any issue with using any and all tips/tricks and methods to get ahead.

Isn't it all just part of the game? Designed to unsteady your opponent, break their concentration and prevent them from being able to bluff effectively? I have never played Poker before - that's why I am here - and I would not have any issue with using any and all tips/tricks and methods to get ahead.
I agree as well. But as others have said, it doesn't need to get personal, or combative.

If you let it into your head it's your own discipline that needs work.
This is what intrigues me about Poker compared to say, blackjack for example. Because there is bluff as a key factor in the game, anything you can do to unnerve your opponent is a good strategy. Of course, keeping the personal insults to a minimum!

This is what intrigues me about Poker compared to say, blackjack for example. Because there is bluff as a key factor in the game, anything you can do to unnerve your opponent is a good strategy. Of course, keeping the personal insults to a minimum!
Yes, I can agree with this! And no shin kicking!! hehe