What's new
Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Next Poker Community Freeroll - $25 StockPokerOnline Freeroll (Referral Code: BAWSEGRIND)

Passwords to all our games are posted in this link to freeroll club members.
Join Freeroll Club How to Earn Poker Coins?
Countdown to start of freeroll:
The freeroll has started! 1 HOUR late registration.
Join Freeroll ClubHow to Earn Poker Coins?

How do you reset your mind after a bad beat or big loss?

Bawse

Owner of Poker Community
Staff member
Administrator
Poker Coins
StockPoker Screen Name
BawseGrind
DarkSidePoker Screen Name
Bawse
What are some methods to prevent yourself from tilting after a tough loss.

You won't win every game you play, because luck is a part of a game.

Do you take breaks when you lose big? How do you recover after a bad beat?

Sometimes I take a break from poker when I’m on a losing streak

@Nathan AKA Nate I think I'm at that point. It seems no matter if im ahead the board ain't going my way, and my frustration is starting to build. Two outers are hitting, and I been getting consistently unlucky in the last week.

I need a mental reset. Probably take a day or two off to retool/refocus my game.

Walk away and go home, have a good drink and head to bed so my mind clears. A new day can do wonders for a person.

It is actually a real good question. When I was younger, it hit me a lot harder than now. Now, well, just figure it is part of life. And nothing wrong with taking a break and enjoying something else. Don't get me wrong; no one in their right mind likes loses. I sure as heck don't. But got to take the good with the bad.

Forcing yourself to play when you are on a bad losing streak is always going to put you in situation where you will be making mistakes that are avoidable which will still be costing you more to lose more than you have lost before.

So, you need to take a time out and recollect yourself before coming back to the game.

Forcing yourself to play when you are on a bad losing streak is always going to put you in situation where you will be making mistakes that are avoidable which will still be costing you more to lose more than you have lost before.

So, you need to take a time out and recollect yourself before coming back to the game.
I've been trying to play 1-2 buy-ins per day, and I've been watching my bankroll slowly decline. I think I've been playing pretty solid, and I keep losing races late in tourneys. Maybe I should avoid coin flips a bit more.

I'm drinking and getting stoned to refresh my mind.