What's new
Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Next Poker Community Freeroll - $25 StockPokerOnline Freeroll (Referral Code: BAWSEGRIND)

Passwords to all our games are posted in this link to freeroll club members.
Join Freeroll Club How to Earn Poker Coins?
Countdown to start of freeroll:
The freeroll has started! 1 HOUR late registration.
Join Freeroll ClubHow to Earn Poker Coins?

How many times have you failed at bankroll management?

Bawse

Owner of Poker Community
Staff member
Administrator
Poker Coins
StockPoker Screen Name
BawseGrind
DarkSidePoker Screen Name
Bawse
This thread is going to require some honestly. How many times have you failed to build your bankroll up and cash out when you reach your goal?
Did you break bankroll management, and not stick to your BRM strategy?

I'm not going to lie. I've done it more times than I like to admit, but I've also built up most my bankrolls from freerolls, which is why I've played bigger buy-ins in the past, once I could.
I was freerolling, and sometimes you have to take the risk, for a chance at a bigger reward.

Over the years, and many painful beats. I've finally came up with a good routine where I have yet to break bankroll management.
Hopefully it continues.. and I keep trusting in the process.

I would say that the reason so many fail is due to this. You have to shot take once in a while as a reward for discipline but there's no reason to run hot in a micro tournament and then spend $50 on the next.

I would say that the reason so many fail is due to this. You have to shot take once in a while as a reward for discipline but there's no reason to run hot in a micro tournament and then spend $50 on the next.

I'm not sure I agree that you have to "shot take". You can still find big GTD's in micros which can be +EV. It doesn't really happen on the smaller sites, but those games are still very winnable. It's similar to building a bankroll playing sit and go's when you grind smaller sites.

I think many players get frustrated after a downswing, losing consecutive buy-ins, and they start to doubt their own abilities. You got to trust the process. Discipline is key.

The occasional "shot" is a way to reward yourself for managing your money well.

It's like you save money by making your morning coffee at home. Once in a while you need to treat yourself to a Starbucks. If that makes sense.

I'm a natural tight-wad and have never had a problem of busting my bankroll. If anything, I guess I fail to play higher stakes when I should. And I have been guilty of leaving too much money sitting in online poker sites.