Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

What's the hardest job you ever did?

Ja sa bong

Poker Communist
Poker Coins
People do all manner of job just to make a living. The only thing that matters is getting paid at the end of the job. What kind of jobs have you been working on? Which one's would you rate as the most difficult and how much were you paid on the job?

Working in the oil field was probably one of the hardest jobs that I’ve ever worked. I worked there for 2 years when I was 18-20. It was kind of stressful too. I also worked long hours in that field. There were some days that I’d work 12-14 hour shifts and sometimes 7 days straight.

Using a wheelbarrow to carry concrete back and forth. Killed the arms.

All. Working was *extremely* stressful for me. So much so, that after almost 10 years of retail, I suffered a break down and now draw a disability check. :(

While probably the easiest job, as far as mentally challenging goes, doing inventory in a warehouse.

It was physically draining because the warehouse had no AC or airflow, so it was 8 hours in a hotbox, just counting items.

Easiest money ever made. Just a lot of sweating. A lot.

Quit my 6-figure sales job for a drastic cut to mid-5 to do that because I was also being paid to get my MBA (about a $30k/year housing allowance), and the sales job was 60-80 hours a week, 20 of which I needed back to study and complete my education.

I have worked at the bakery and the experience was draining. Imagine spending all day in the intense heat emanating from the ovens, production is nonstop, so no lengthy breaks. The only positive thing was I got to eat bread as much as i like, but I eventually got tired of that.

Ah, I almost forgot, because it was such a bad experience.

When I first moved back to Japan, I would take anything. There was a cable contractor that said they would pay $100 per day, so I jumped all over it.

The first thing that I didn't like was that they paid in arrears, which meant I didn't get my first paycheck for 2 months for the 1st month, which was okay because that's how Japan does it.

What pissed me off was that they paid me 10,000 yen per day when the exchange rate essentially made it $74.

The 2nd paycheck I got, I was pissed that I got 10,000 yen instead of $100, so I wasn't paying attention and screwed in a wire that was not level (about 2 inches off) from the line across the house.

They "fired" me for that, because it had to be perfect per the contract and that meant to do it over, but I also quit before they could.

It was kind of awkward picking up my 3rd paycheck (as I was still owed a month) on payday when I didn't work there anymore. But, by then, I was already into my 6-figure sales job, so I was past that chump change argument.

Ah, I almost forgot, because it was such a bad experience.

When I first moved back to Japan, I would take anything. There was a cable contractor that said they would pay $100 per day, so I jumped all over it.

The first thing that I didn't like was that they paid in arrears, which meant I didn't get my first paycheck for 2 months for the 1st month, which was okay because that's how Japan does it.

What pissed me off was that they paid me 10,000 yen per day when the exchange rate essentially made it $74.

The 2nd paycheck I got, I was pissed that I got 10,000 yen instead of $100, so I wasn't paying attention and screwed in a wire that was not level (about 2 inches off) from the line across the house.

They "fired" me for that, because it had to be perfect per the contract and that meant to do it over, but I also quit before they could.

It was kind of awkward picking up my 3rd paycheck (as I was still owed a month) on payday when I didn't work there anymore. But, by then, I was already into my 6-figure sales job, so I was past that chump change argument.
Wow that must have been a terrible experience. I didn't know the Japanese can be so corning! Good thing you quit before the fired you, gotta keep your pride in tact.

Coal mining.

It's hard labor. A lot of shoveling. You breath in coal dust all shift long. It's loud. It's extremely dangerous.

I did it for 3 years in my early 20s.

I don't miss that job at all!