Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Have you ever been taken advantage of at your job?

Ja sa bong

Poker Communist
Poker Coins
There are business owners who are good at taking advantage of their workers for so many reasons. Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your boss had to take advantage of you against your will because you can't help it?

For sure. When I was young and managing a sports store I would work 50 hours most weeks for 40 hours pay. We also had to work 6 day weeks with one 12 hour day during the holiday season. Retail isn't physically challenging but to have that much of your time stolen sucked.

The first job I took in Japan, yeah.

I was told that I'd get $100 per day, and since it's normal to be paid in arrears, we don't get our first paycheck until the 2nd month with our final paycheck a month after leaving, and received 10,000 yen per day instead. To put that into perspective, it was about $74 at the time for 9 hours of outdoor labor laying TV/internet cable and affixing it to the outsides of homes. That's $8.22 an hour... a cable job in the States at that time would pay a respective $50 per home or $15-25/hour for a beginner.

It hasn't happened to me with my job, but I have been taken advantage of by my friends. It’s really sad how people are bent on using you to their advantage. I cut ties with those bad friends a long time ago.

Yeah, it happened at an hotel job I took up when I finished high school. Because I was still young and inexperienced in the job sector, I was doing more than my work description for meagre pay. I had to quit when it was taken a toll on my body. Now such a thing can't happen to me again.
Truly experiences the best teacher

Yep.

The last job I worked at, after 13 years, I put in my 2 weeks notice and quit without a job waiting for me.

It was because of they leadership taking advantage of me. They knew what they were doing, too. I was dedicated and they have never been able to replace that dedication. It's hurting them now.

But now I'm doing something I absolutely love!

Don't stay with a bad job if you can help it. I took a $10K a year pay cut but I don't get stressed anymore. It was worth it!