Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Have you ever been verbally abused?

Henry

Poker Communist
Poker Coins
There are words that can hurt deeper than actions. Have you ever been in a relationship where you were verbally abused? How were you able to handle that kind of situation?

Yes I have and yes there can be harsh words as well

Both in relationship and in workplace. No one likes that kind of thing, but I survived and thrived.

One valuable thing I learned in life, and that kind of thing helped me realize it: life is way too short to deal with truly toxic people. Unless it cannot be done due to circumstances, simply remove such people from your life and move on. It just ain't worth it. Granted, in some cases, easier said than done. But as a general principle I've found it is the only way to keep one's sanity and enjoy life.

In the environment I grew up in, abuse is almost a normal occurrence, even at home. And there's no authority to report to if it gets out of hand.

Oh for sure. Heck, I've been verbally abused in this forum 🤣😂

I have been verbally abused a few times, sometimes it wasn't too bad and others it was the worst. I was in a mentally abusive relationship for a while before I got the courage to speak up and get out and I was verbally abused many times throughout that.

Yes, I played team sports lolol. Seriously though it's happened a time or two.

Many times.

I definitely grew up as a kid with verbal abuse and physical discipline that would definitely be considered abuse by today's standards.

It really didn't mess me up but it did make me very independent.

As an adult, I've been verbally abused many times during my career in security. Nowadays, verbal abuse to me or someone in my profession may result in you getting trespassed, so it doesn't really happen at work anymore.

I'm a road cyclist. Drivers constantly do it. I give it back to them :) You rage with me, I'll rage with you back!