What's new
Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Next Poker Community Freeroll - $25 StockPokerOnline Freeroll (Referral Code: BAWSEGRIND)

Passwords to all our games are posted in this link to freeroll club members.
Join Freeroll Club How to Earn Poker Coins?
Countdown to start of freeroll:
The freeroll has started! 1 HOUR late registration.
Join Freeroll ClubHow to Earn Poker Coins?

Is Poker a natural skill or can you learn to be a great Poker player?

Eudorus

New Poker Communist
Poker Coins
Just to note, I am 46 now. I have never played Poker but my friend group is about to start. Fortunately only one of the guys has any experience of playing. Its his idea to do this on a regular basis. I am just wondering if it is possible to learn to play or is it like a natural skill that some people have. The same as some people are more athletic than others.

With no experience can I learn to compete with people who have been playing Poker for over 20 years? Is it possible to apply hard work to overcome natural talent?

Players can definitely learn how to be winning players. Also just because someone has played for 20 years doesn't mean they have the tools to succeed long-term.

Most players are losing players. It takes a lot of patience, discipline, and heart break to succeed over the long term in poker.

Just to note, I am 46 now. I have never played Poker but my friend group is about to start. Fortunately only one of the guys has any experience of playing. Its his idea to do this on a regular basis. I am just wondering if it is possible to learn to play or is it like a natural skill that some people have. The same as some people are more athletic than others.

With no experience can I learn to compete with people who have been playing Poker for over 20 years? Is it possible to apply hard work to overcome natural talent?
You can definitely learn to play poker and to win at poker. But if you have never played poker, when you start, you may even find that you are a natural at it. I started playing poker late in life and never had any interest in it, but I immediately started beating players that had been playing for a long time. But even if you do find that you have a knack for it, it still takes a lot of practice to hone those skills. Just as an athlete can not be the top player at his sport on day one. He has to train and practice for it to be able to be the best. Good Luck to you.