What makes you stay awake at night?

Welcome to Poker Community!

Looking for a place to discuss poker, improve your game, and connect with other players? Poker Community is a growing poker forum built by poker players, for poker players.

Whether you are new to poker or a seasoned grinder, our poker forum is the place to share strategies, discuss hands, follow the latest poker news, and connect with a passionate community of players.

Join a Community Built Around Poker

At Poker Community, you can:

  • ♠️ Discuss poker strategy and improve your game
  • 🃏 Share hand histories and get feedback from other players
  • 📰 Follow poker news, updates, and industry discussions
  • 💻 Talk about poker websites, software, and online poker tools
  • 💬 Join conversations with poker players from around the world

From tournament poker and cash games to poker psychology, bankroll management, and the future of online poker, our poker forum is your home for everything poker.

Ready to Join?

Create your free account today and become part of the Poker Community. Registration is quick, easy, and gives you access to join discussions, create posts, and connect with other poker players.

Create Free Account   Login

Welcome to Poker Community, your home for poker discussions, strategy, and the poker community.

Henry

Well-known member
PCFer
PCF Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2024
Messages
452
Reaction score
52
There is always something that can keep someone awake and not have a good sleep. What is that particular thing that can make you have a sleepless night?
 
For me, it’s when I watch too many videos on social media like TikTok or Facebook. I still end up sleeping well, but I just go to bed pretty late.
 
Even though it's very safe here and I can feel that I can leave my door unlocked, it still keeps me awake if I don't get out of bed to check it.

Probably from growing up in a neighborhood where you did need to lock your door.

But now, I could leave the house with the door wide open and there'd only be a 1 in million chance of getting robbed.
 
It's easy for me, I'm a born night owl, so staying up late is easy for me. I love doing all the stuff at night when everything is peaceful.
 
It's easy for me, I'm a born night owl, so staying up late is easy for me. I love doing all the stuff at night when everything is peaceful.
You're right about how peaceful it is at night or early in the morning around 3am to 5am. Once it's 6am in the morning, I've started hearing noises.
 
caffine. I manage this poorly lol
 
caffine. I manage this poorly lol
I drink a pot of coffee a day. I'll probably die in my 40s because of this... 😂

But, nothing a little Xan can't solve if I really need to get to bed and the white noise isn't working.
 
Heat also makes me stay up at night.

It has to be 20 (68) degrees with 2 bars on the AC or I just can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

My wife puts it on 20.5 (68.9) so she can sleep, as I tend to fall asleep before her, and I'm so sensitive that it'll wake me up.
 
If I have a work that needs to be delivered very urgently, I can afford to stay awake, though not all through the night.
 
caffine. I manage this poorly lol

It can be very difficult when it comes to taking caffeine. I remember that messing up my sleeping pattern some years ago until I gathered the energy to stop.
 
If I have some jobs left to do, it sinks into my subconscious and it'll affect my sleep pattern. So, I tend to wake up in the middle of the night until I'm able to finish the job.
 
I hate it when I can't sleep at night and get kept awake by something I can never shift. One of the things I feel tends to keep me awake at night and prevent me from sleeping is stress and worry.
 
The only thing that can make me stay awake at night is work. There are certain times that I have so much production projects and I have to schedule some into the night around 1 AM. On such nights, I have no option than to stay awake at night and grind it out.
 
The only thing that can make me stay awake at night is work. There are certain times that I have so much production projects and I have to schedule some into the night around 1 AM. On such nights, I have no option than to stay awake at night and grind it out.
Personally, I usually experience stress or anxiety whenever there is unresolved issues. There are times when it is issue regarding a project I am working on and my mind is continually racing over solutions to the problem. That will make me stay awake all night.
 
Am nocturnal animal. I prefer working late in the night when the atmosphere is very cool and human noises have dropped to zero. There is nothing that i enjoyed like working very late in the night till morning. I prefer to sleep in the morning and back to online trading in the night again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Where can i gind the passawrds on coinpoker
Back online! Sorry everyone, I had to move servers and add more protection from spammers to PCF.
Back
Top