Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Poker sites that failed and no longer exist

Bawse

Owner of Poker Community
Staff member
Administrator
Poker Coins
StockPoker Screen Name
BawseGrind
DarkSidePoker Screen Name
Bawse
What poker sites did you play at or remember that ended up shutting down?

Over the years in the online poker world. Many sites were shut down, mostly due to the government cracking down on online poker. UltimateBet, AbsolutePoker, and FullFlushPoker were among the sites shutdown on Black Friday.

Full Tilt Poker also disappeared at the time, but was sold to Pokerstars, and they merged the two sites.

Are there any other poker sites you played that got shut down/failed?

This thread reminds me of lock poker, regarded as one of the largest US poker rooms back then. I think it was around 2016 I heard the site has totally shutdown.

The one nice story about failed poker rooms is how Intertops, now Everygame Poker, bought Juicy Stakes kept it running and made all of the players whole. It's a nice positive in an industry full of sad stories.

There are quite a lot of poker sites that have stopped operating. It could be a result of internal issues like poor management. The government's stiff rules on poker sites can also force them out of operations. The poker sites that come to mind are Lock Poker and Everest Poker. They all have ceased operations.

There are quite a lot of poker sites that have stopped operating. It could be a result of internal issues like poor management. The government's stiff rules on poker sites can also force them out of operations. The poker sites that come to mind are Lock Poker and Everest Poker. They all have ceased operations.
I think that most poker sites that I know that went out of operation are as a result of financial problems.