Poker Community, Innovative Online Poker Forums

Register with our online poker forums today to talk strategy, and play private freerolls with the community. Once signed in to your account, you'll be able to join the freeroll club using poker coins you earn from participating in discussions, and being active on our poker forums.

Private freeroll passwords are posted in a exclusive forum only accessible to freeroll club members.

Are live players bad at online poker?

Bawse

Owner of Poker Community
Staff member
Administrator
Poker Coins
StockPoker Screen Name
BawseGrind
DarkSidePoker Screen Name
Bawse
I've noticed over time that a lot of players that play live, struggle to do well in online poker.

Do you think most players that play live have a hard time winning online? Are online players better grinders?

Not necessarily. I know players that are equally good at live and online poker. I believe that being good in one can also give a measure of experience when playing the other.

Bad might be a little unfair. Though the comparison you often hear about seems to ring true. A live $1/$2 player is the equivelant of the online .10/.20 player. Unless you are a complete recreational player who does nothing to improve your game, live players will neve be able to see as many hands as online players. you can learn a lot more in 1500 gnads than you can in 250.

I notice a lot of live players have trouble making the adjustment to online. I would say about 40% of the "online poker is rigged' community is made up of live players who can't open their games. the other 60% being freerollers that seem desperate to use poker as a lottery. please don't read this as an indictment of all freeroll players. it's the loud minority that gives the larger, more reasonable, portion of that comminty a black eye.

One of the major reasons why live players struggle is the faster gameplay. However, I still think that a player with strong technical knowledge will excel in both environments.

One of the major reasons why live players struggle is the faster gameplay. However, I still think that a player with strong technical knowledge will excel in both environments.
Game selection. I think majority of players struggle because they don't pick a game/tournament that has a better structure for how they play.
I prefer slower blinds, and 8 or 9 players per table when I play tourneys online.